Women are not represented in car crash testing, and it is killing us.
The Department of Transportation’s car crash safety standard, the New Car Assessment Program, does not test vehicles with a representative female dummy.
The “female dummy” they do use is only tested in the rear and passenger seats.
Even worse, this “female dummy” doesn’t really represent women at all. The Hybrid III 5th:
- Has the internal structure of someone assigned male at birth.
- Is four feet and eleven inches tall, and weighs 108 pounds.
- Is never tested in the driver's seat
1,300 women are preventably killed 466,000 more are preventably injured
Educate and mobilize gen z for equal use of the Thor 5th female dummy in crash testing.
Thor 5F, the Female Crash Test Dummy:
- Twice as many sensors as Hybrid III 5th
- Modeled after the body of a person assigned female at birth
- Approved by the Department of Transportation in November, 2022
- According to the Department of Transportation, will never be tested equally as the male dummy
We Need Your Help.